D’ALBORA Marinas takes a proactive approach to protecting the environment that includes initiatives such as:
- Maintaining the classification of all Marinas by the International Marina Industry Association (MIA) as ‘Level 3 Clean Marinas’ and ‘Fish Friendly Marinas’
- Creating a workplace culture where employees strive for better environmental outcomes
- Educating clients and tenants in environmental initiatives and sharing results & information
- Adopting a program for sustainability and minimising environmental impacts through waste reduction, recycling and reduction of pollutants
- Being fully compliant with our Environment Protection Licenses
If you have any suggestions, complaints, or wish to report any environmental concerns such as noise issues or water contamination please contact the appropriate D’ALBORA Marina directly. Alternately, you can telephone our head office (02) 9409 3666 during office hours.
Marinas and boats are a moving platform and occasionally things don’t go to plan. In the unlikely event of a fuel spill we have emergency response procedures that include notifying all the relevant authorities, but also communicating with the general public. You can read a copy of our Pollution Incident Response Management Plan here.
As part of our sustainability initiatives we capture rainwater at Akuna Bay and also treat wastewater on site. Drinking water is supplied under a Quality Assurance plan that includes regular testing; and we also test any run-off from our treatment plant and publish the results every two months as part of our license conditions.